If you’re looking to sharpen up your strategies on building a loyal social following on Instagram, look no further! In this article our social media agency team unravels some of our latest top tips to stay ahead of the game.
As a social media agency, we’re constantly looking at ways to utilise platforms such as Instagram to ensure clients stand out against competitors. In June 2020, Instagram estimated around 30.6 million users in the UK alone making it a highly effective channel for businesses to connect with their customers.
Here we’ve listed the No. 1 tools as a social media agency to help you build a killer Instagram following:
- Hashtags: Hashtags are such a great tool for people to discover your brand. The key here is to use the right hashtags. Make sure you carry out appropriate research to ensure you’re using hashtags to connect with the right audience. They should be concise, summarise your brand and be relevant to what is being searched on Instagram at that time. Our top tip here is to place hashtags in the comments section so your image doesn’t come across as being spammy.
- Engage with followers – Engagement is key to expanding your potential reach. Ultimately, the more you engage, the more exposure your brand will get. So, don’t wait around for others to start engaging with your content – get liking, commenting & responding as much as possible… The results can be hugely rewarding.
- Create a strong brand image: It’s really important to create a clear brand image from the get-go to. The aim here is to instantly showcase your brand as soon as people click on your profile. Why should they hit that Follow button? Define your target audience, keep a consistent theme throughout your feed, craft a strong bio and utilise tools such as story highlights and geo-tagging.
- Be organised: The key to a successful Instagram strategy always begins with organisation. Start by arranging your stories into highlights, writing a reminder to refresh hashtags each month and, most importantly, schedule Instagram posts in advance to enable you to build a consistent flow of posts for your followers.
- Be present: The best way to get customers to follow you is to get your name out as much as possible and be present. Don’t be afraid to reach out and collaborate with other brands or influencers in your niche. According to Hootsuite, 60% of consumers say they’d follow a brand on Instagram after seeing it promoted by an influencer they trust.
- Express your brand – As with any social network, the ultimate goal is to truly express yourself and utilise the tools they offer to create a fun and authentic brand image. Instagram is one of the fastest growing networks in UK history, so use it! Start following these top tips and you’ll begin to see your Instagram social following blossom.
If you’re looking for a social media agency to make your accounts stand out from the crowd then get in touch with Me:Mo today, we’d love to chat to you.